Welcome to the external whistleblowing channel for Access to Finance Rwanda (AFR). This system is independently operated and monitored by BDO East Africa.
This whistleblowing channel is open to all employees of AFR and all AFR’s associated parties, including members of the Board, implementing partners, vendors, contractors and any other third party.
Reports regarding instances of objectionable conditions, whether ethical or legal, can be made via this channel in connection with AFR and any of its business partners.
The following list presents specific circumstances of potential wrongdoing, including the protection of those who choose to report an incident:
- A criminal offence has been committed, is being committed or is likely to be committed. Criminal offences could constitute suspicions of fraud, bribery, theft, money laundering, terrorism financing and sanctions breaches.
- Any harm against any vulnerable person to whom AFR’s projects may be in contact with such as children, beneficiaries, or adults at risk.
- Sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment, physical or verbal abuse, exploitation, bullying or intimidation of employees, partners or contractors.
- Failure to comply with any legal obligation to which he or she is subject.
- The health and safety of any individual has been or is being or is likely to be endangered.
- The environment has been, is being or is likely to be damaged/degraded.
- Any act that is, or will result, in wastage of AFR’s resources.
- Conduct likely to damage the financial well-being, reputation or standing of AFR.
- Serious breaches of AFR policies, procedures, or Code of Conduct.
- A deliberate attempt to conceal any of the above.
If your case does not fall within any of the above categories, your case will be handled and governed by other guidelines than those described in AFR's whistleblowing policy.
Please provide as detailed and accurate information as possible. If you would like those who investigate the report to be able to contact you, you are required to provide your name and contact details. In this way they will be able to keep you informed of the status of your case or request any additional information that could be important for investigating your report. You may choose to hide your identity completely, although please be aware that this may make it difficult to investigate your report. You may also choose to remain anonymous towards AFR but not to BDO. In such cases, AFR will not be made aware of your identity and will only be able to obtain additional information via BDO.